Columbus Seminar | Application | FAQ | Flyer | Photos
This seminar gives students direct experience with the institutions and leaders of Ohio’s state government. Students will meet senior officials drawn from all three branches of government, an independent agency, the media, and non-governmental organizations. Students will also meet legislative leaders. Agency visits and briefings by cabinet officers are included in the Columbus field experience.
- Seminar meets in Columbus during Spring Break.
- 5 CSU class meetings are held during the Spring semester on Fridays from 4-6pm at the School of Urban Affairs.
- Students earn 4 hours graduate or undergraduate credit hours (UST 473/ UST 573).
- Participation is accepted by application only! Enrollment is limited to juniors, seniors, graduate students and law students in good academic standing.
- Blackboard participation is required during the course.
- Students are responsible for a $500 fee in addition to regular tuition, plus parking, meals, and other incidental expenses. A limited number of scholarships are available for the $500 course fee.