This web page provides students with additional access to the information that comes into the School of Urban Affairs. Current CSU students are encouraged to utilize Handshake, through the University’s Office of Career Services (https://www.csuohio.edu/career-development-exploration/career-development-exploration).
The School of Urban Affairs occasionally receives internship announcements which may be of interest to Urban Affairs students. As announcements are received, they will be posted below. For more information about a particular position, please contact the associated organization directly. Older internship postings are archived and can be viewed here.
All internships are posted for informational purposes only and at the discretion of the School of Urban Affairs. Postings may be denied or removed without notice. The School of Urban Affairs makes no guarantee as to the completeness / correctness of the information listed below.
School of Urban Affairs students interested in taking UST 490/690 Urban Internship should complete this internship application and contact the Center for Public & Nonprofit Team at email@example.com / 216.687.9222.
If your organization has an internship you would like to have posted on this page, please complete the internship posting form.
- Assists with interviews and screening candidates for hire
- Assists with onboarding processes for new hires
- Assists with recruitment for high turnover roles
- Assists with developing strategies for employee retention
- Assists with receiving correspondence from employees calling off work. Assists with staffing each school with substitute employees where needed daily
- Assists with substitute evaluations
- Assists with Internal postings, transitions, and promotions
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Application Deadline: N/A
- Draft marketing emails and correspondence
- Draft proposals for state-wide bids
- Must be a business/marketing/etc. student at a college in northeast Ohio
- $12/hour to start paid as a 1099
- 5-10 hours per 2-week period
- Utilize google docs and drive
- Must have access to AutoCAD or Revit
- Pick up redlines as needed / Create basic drawings
- Assist on site visits as needed
- Draft technical specifications
- Must be an architectural or engineering student (or related field) at a college in northeast Ohio
- $13/hr to start paid as a 1099
- No set number of hours per week: as-needed basis as projects come in
Application Deadline: N/A
- Manage and assist with the administrative functions of the Planning Commission, Landmarks Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals and Board of Building Standards, including setting up virtual public meetings and streaming access and managing the slide decks during meetings.
- Administration of permitting processes, including the intake of temporary outdoor dining and parklet applications, land bank applications in conjunction with the Department of Community Development.
- Assist with creating GIS maps on request.
- Support for the Neighborhood Planning staff, as needed.
- Support for the Landmarks staff, as needed.
- Assistance with special projects of the department such as records retention, neighborhood initiatives and mobility projects.
Application Deadline: 9/30/2022 11:59 PM
Under general supervision, assists with special projects that require the exercise of a substantial degree of independent judgment. The Community Development Intern will focus on creating a Developer Guide that will include creating a process map that spans different departments.