Dr. Bernard W. Becker III, DBA
Director, Center for Emergency Preparedness
School of Urban Affairs
Office Location: UR134
- Columbia Southern University - Doctor of Business Administration
- Grand Canyon University - Master of Science: Executive Fire Service Leadership
- University of Cincinnati - Bachelor of Science: Fire & Safety Engineering
- National Fire Academy - Executive Fire Officer Program
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress: Firefighter 1 & 2, Fire Safety Inspector, Fire Instructor, Hazardous Materials Awareness, Operations & Technician. National Incident Management System 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800; FEMA Homeland Security Planning for Local Governments Trainer; FEMA CERT Trainer & Program Manager; FEMA Professional Continuity Practitioner & FEMA / EMI Professional Development Series Instructor.
Dr. Becker is the CSU CEP Director for the Center for Emergency Preparedness. He is responsible for providing quality leadership and management, identifies, and manages programs in emergency preparedness, health, safety, hazardous materials, and business continuity. Dr. Becker is responsible for curriculum development, course design, and implementation, reviewing course materials, managing program budgets and overall program assessments. Bernard manages various grant programs, identifies sources of external training prospects, develops grant and training proposals, and supervises over 50 statewide instructors. Dr. Becker’s doctoral dissertation is “Leadership Characteristics and Educational Levels Prevalent Among Senior-Level Fire Service Personnel in the United States.” Dr. Becker is a Chief Fire Officer Designate (CFO) from the Centers for Public Safety Excellence, and a member of the Institute of Fire Engineers, United States of America Branch (MiFireE) and is a graduate of the National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer Program (EFO). Dr. Becker is a retired Fire Chief with over 40 years of Emergency Management service.