Caitlin Hawkins, MSSA, MNO
Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Training
The Diversity Institute
School of Urban Affairs
Cleveland State University
Office Location: UR 248
Caitlin Hawkins is the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Training at The Diversity Institute in the School of Urban Affairs at Cleveland State University. Caitlin is responsible for leading the development and execution of interactive, context-driven diversity, equity, and inclusion workshops for students, staff, and faculty of Cleveland State University, and for external clients and organizational partners of The Diversity Institute.
Caitlin has over 12 years of experience facilitating dialogue around diversity, equity, and inclusion topics, and spent the last 6 years developing, facilitating, and evaluating DEI workshops and DEI organizational consulting and strategic planning for businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies across Ohio and nationally. She served 3 years on the Curriculum Committee for the Jack, Joseph, and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Science at Case Western Reserve University and often serves as a field placement instructor for social work students.
Caitlin earned a Master of Science in Social Administration (Community Social Work) and a Master of Nonprofit Organizations degree from Case Western Reserve University, for which she earned membership to the Nu Lambda Mu Honor Society. She earned her Bachelor’s in Women’s and Gender Studies with an emphasis on Black Feminist Theory from Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts.
- Executive Coaching—Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University
- Restorative Justice Practices—International Institute for Restorative Practices
- e-Learning Ecologies: Innovative Approaches to Teaching and Learning for the Digital Age—University of Illinois- Chicago/Urbana
Areas of Expertise:
- Group facilitation and training
- Development and analysis of workplace surveys and focus groups
- DEI curriculum development
- Project management, DEI strategic planning, and DEI organizational consulting
- Management, coaching, development, and assessment of employees
- Restorative Justice and Restorative Practices in workplaces
- Community engagement